I am a Mormon stay-at-home-mom of six. Yeah, I know, "that's a lot of kids"! Sometimes it truly is A LOT. Most of the time it's not. It's simply put...our normal. On my page you'll find spiritual thoughts, tales of trials, happy moments, recipes, funny stories, and more. Enjoy!!






Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Yummy Delicious Cranberry Muffins!

I love it when an idea turns out wonderfully!  I LOVE to bake, but going gluten free makes baking a bit intimidating.  I've learned a little bit about it and have tried some new things. So, I'm getting more confident.  Here is a recipe I altered to make it gluten and dairy free.  I hope you all enjoy these deliciously soft and moist muffins! The original recipe was found here.

GF/DF Cranberry Lemon Muffins

2 cups GF flour mix (see other recipes for my favorite one)
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 heaping Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon peel (in the spice section in Walmart or you can use fresh)
1 Tbsp flax seed meal
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup sour Almond milk (1 Tbsp lemon juice in measuring up. Fill to 1 cup mark with Almond milk)
2 eggs beaten
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease muffin pans or line them with paper muffin liners. Combine flour, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder, salt, lemon peel, and flax. Mix well.  Make sour milk in measuring cup. Set aside. In separate bowl beat eggs with a fork.  Add lemon juice.  Mix well.  Add sour milk.  Mix.  Add milk mixture to dry ingredients.  Mix until just moistened. Add melted coconut oil.  Mix. Fold in cranberries.  Fill muffin cups to 3/4 full.  Bake at 400 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Don't over bake.

I hope you and your family enjoy these as much as my family did.  My friends, who are not gluten free, loved them as well.  That says a lot to me.  Gluten free can and will be delicious!  I just have to make it so!

No comments:

Post a Comment