I am a Mormon stay-at-home-mom of six. Yeah, I know, "that's a lot of kids"! Sometimes it truly is A LOT. Most of the time it's not. It's simply put...our normal. On my page you'll find spiritual thoughts, tales of trials, happy moments, recipes, funny stories, and more. Enjoy!!






Monday, January 11, 2016

A good day!

Today turned out to be a pretty good day in many ways.  Originally, today was going to be spent cleaning, tidying and organizing.  I did do some of that.  And we accomplished a lot, my husband and I.

In the morning my mom and I helped my grandmother take her car in for a repair.  While we waited for it to be complete we went to Walmart and the local grocery store for a few items before heading back to my grandmother's apartment.  Once the car was repaired we went and picked it up and we headed back home.

When I got home I found that my husband had been very busy cleaning and tidying our bedroom...or his side of the room anyway.  I pulled him away and we worked together to clean and organize the little girls' bedroom.  There was so much STUFF hiding and creeping in that room. It was scary!  And we found the source of the smells.  Ugh!

Beds are made.  Extra blankets are folded.  Stuffed animals are in their bin.  Rugs are vacuumed.  An over-the-door hanger is up and holding all of their dresses.  (They used to be thrown into a plastic bin.) Dirty clothing was picked up and put into their laundry basket.  All the toys were picked up and placed in their proper bins.  Sigh! It feels so good to see it clean!

It's amazing how quickly a room can get OUT OF CONTROL!  It only takes a few days and it's complete chaos...toys, books, blankets, pillows, dirty clothes, shoes, candy wrappers...the list goes on and on.  And then it takes so much more time to tame it and clean it again.

I'm so thankful that the 4 year old is the baby...the last of the crew.  There is an end in sight.  Eventually I know she will pass the "dumping" phase.  You mothers know what I mean! And I look forward to those days...all...the...time.

The next part of my day I had forgotten that I had planned.  Thank goodness for notifications on my calendar!  I was able to talk on the phone to a dear friend for a while.  I don't do that often enough and I was reminded today just how much I enjoy talking with this friend.  She always has great insight and so much knowledge and wisdom to share.  Plus she makes me laugh.  That's a great blessing!

Friends are so important.  Each of the friends I have made in each place I have lived have helped contribute to the person I am today.  I'm grateful for that!

At dinner time my dad and mom came down and brought us some homemade lobster stew.  It was a great treat!  Plus, the best part is getting to visit with my parents on a regular basis, since we moved back home.

Here I sit, with a smile on my face, truly appreciating the good day I've had.  It has been simple.  And it's the simple things that really make a difference.

Have a great night!!

Check out this awesome song!

#agreatdaytobealive
#goodtobealive
#smallandsimplethings
#friends
#dearsweetfriends
#family

2 comments: