I am a Mormon stay-at-home-mom of six. Yeah, I know, "that's a lot of kids"! Sometimes it truly is A LOT. Most of the time it's not. It's simply put...our normal. On my page you'll find spiritual thoughts, tales of trials, happy moments, recipes, funny stories, and more. Enjoy!!






Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday's Marvelous Memo

No Energy

I've been feeling very tired and lazy lately.  I don't have the energy I know that I can have.  I don't want to do the house work.  I don't feel like fixing dinner.  I would rather sit and crochet or read someone's blog, or search for things online.  Part of it had to do with my husband being gone on business.  It's really hard to find the energy or desire to do much when your husband won't be home later to notice.  Another part of it has been all the snow and subsequent snow days.  

The week before last we had snow days on Thursday and Friday, which made for a long weekend.  That alone would have been fine.  We had school Monday and then yet another pile of snow on Monday night.  Tuesday was a snow day and on Wednesday when they didn't cancel school I kept my kids home because it was so unsafe on the roads still.  There were at least 2 buses that got stuck trying to go pick up kids.  

By the time Thursday came, all I wanted to do was get the kids out of the house.  They were fighting, arguing and only wanted to watch TV all day.  

Saturday I realized how very lazy I had been all week when we started to clean up the house and I started feeling energized by the movement and accomplishments.  

This morning I had a "DUH" moment! I remembered that I KNOW how to get energy and I haven't been doing it. What have I been thinking?  The key is to exercise and eat right.  On the days that I exercise I feel better.  I have energy.  I am more positive.  It's a mood lifter.  

My goal this week is to exercise for at least 30 minutes on at least 3 days.  I will also eat more lean proteins and fruits and veggies.  

This is going to be a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment