I am a Mormon stay-at-home-mom of six. Yeah, I know, "that's a lot of kids"! Sometimes it truly is A LOT. Most of the time it's not. It's simply put...our normal. On my page you'll find spiritual thoughts, tales of trials, happy moments, recipes, funny stories, and more. Enjoy!!






Friday, December 11, 2015

Christmas is getting closer!

It's been a couple of days. Oops!  I have planned to write every weekday, but somehow life just gets so crazy and it doesn't always happen.  And today, the only reason I am at my laptop is because it's Friday and I don't have to be in bed by 9 pm to be able to get my boys up for seminary at 4:50 am.  Yay for Saturday!!

Tonight was our church Christmas party.  It was fun.  Relaxed.  The kids had a blast.  The food was good. Of course.  Where else can the kids load their plates up with mounds of food, that will never fit into their stomachs, and get away with it?  They all do it.  Unless their parents are seriously watching their every move.  One child, a friend at church, piled three large pieces of ham on his second helping along with several sweets.  I told him he better eat every piece of ham.  Haha!  The sweets were gone, but the ham was not. Eyes are MUCH bigger than stomachs!

The little ones raced up and down the hallway...over and over again.  Even after being told to walk many, many times.  After a while I just gave up.

There was some entertainment.  And close to the end, a friend and her brother were going back and forth about whether or not to sing "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer".  Me, being me, said, "Yeah, you should totally do it!" What was I thinking.  The next thing you know, I'm being roped into singing with them...on this very rusty, unpracticed, song. Oh well.  It was fun!

Then we sang some Christmas hymns together and Santa came in.  I was SHOCKED when my shy little 4 year old ran right up to Santa and gave him a big hug.  So CUTE!  And then she climbed right on his lap and got a gift.  The rest of the kids gathered around watching, hoping to be next.  I organized them a little bit and helped them form more of a line so they could each have their chance to sit on Santa's knee.  Even my quiet, timid 7 year old went right up and sat on his lap.  And, of course, my ornery 11 year old sat on his lap too.  What a stinker!!





#christmasisalmosthere
#christmastime
#sittingonsantasknee
#churchchristmasparty
#ldswardchristmasparty



No comments:

Post a Comment