I am a Mormon stay-at-home-mom of six. Yeah, I know, "that's a lot of kids"! Sometimes it truly is A LOT. Most of the time it's not. It's simply put...our normal. On my page you'll find spiritual thoughts, tales of trials, happy moments, recipes, funny stories, and more. Enjoy!!






Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday's Scrumptiousness

I love food.  I love trying new food.  I love finding new recipes to try.  So, today I'm going to share a recipe given to me by my grandmother.  It's a healthy way to make really delicious chicken.  I LOVE fried food, but when trying to keep your weight down after 6 children and the age of 32...well...one cannot always indulge in the foods they always used to.  We must make some adjustments to our food intake.  Putting it simply...it really stinks to be an adult, sometimes.  ;)

Oven Fried Chicken

1-1 1/2 pounds of chicken breasts (whole or cut into strips)
1 cup flour
1 tsp. salt (original recipe calls for 1-2 tsp salt)
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. paprika (I heap the teaspoons)
2 tsp. olive oil per chicken breast

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pour olive oil onto baking sheet. Place flour, salt, pepper, and paprika into a bowl.  Stir until all ingredients are blended well.  Place flour mixture into a gallon sized zipper seal baggie or large bowl with lid. Add chicken.  Close bag or bowl and shake until chicken is coated well.  Pour entire contents onto baking pan, spaced evenly.  Bake for 15 minutes for strips or 30 minutes for full breasts and then turn each piece over.  Bake another 5-10 minutes for strips, 15 minutes for full breasts or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.  Serve with rice or potatoes, and a side of veggies or a salad.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!  Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment