I am a Mormon stay-at-home-mom of six. Yeah, I know, "that's a lot of kids"! Sometimes it truly is A LOT. Most of the time it's not. It's simply put...our normal. On my page you'll find spiritual thoughts, tales of trials, happy moments, recipes, funny stories, and more. Enjoy!!






Friday, November 20, 2015

A cure for boredom

Thursday was so busy and hectic that I never did get to finish my post for the day.  I decided to go ahead and do it today.

Wednesday night, while the three older boys were at Scouts, my 11 year old son was so bored.  Boy oh boy!!  He dislikes not being old enough to participate in the fun activities that the older boys get to have at church.

It had been a very busy day.  I was hoping to sit and have some time to just rest before bed.  A thought popped into my head.  I could play a game with him.  So, I offered to play Rummikub with him.  He was very excited!

This young man is so good at games.  Even if I had really been wide awake and more coherent he still would have beat me.  He takes games very seriously.  Sometimes I tease him that I think he's cheating.  But really, he's just really competitive and good at sports and games.

Here he is concentrating very hard...He's so serious...


We played two hands and he won both times.  This is the face of victory!

Wednesday was our youngest's 4th birthday.  This awesome kid was so sweet to his little sister and let her have complete control of the the TV and Netflix in the family room because it was her birthday.  What a great kid!

And here is the birthday girl...Queen of the Pumpkin!



Have a beautiful day!

2 comments:

  1. One night my 11 year old was home with me because her older sisters were out having fun with the other YW, and we played Rummikub, too!!! I think that is so funny!!

    Happy birthday to your new 4 year old. We have a boy turning 4 next week. :)

    ReplyDelete