I am a Mormon stay-at-home-mom of six. Yeah, I know, "that's a lot of kids"! Sometimes it truly is A LOT. Most of the time it's not. It's simply put...our normal. On my page you'll find spiritual thoughts, tales of trials, happy moments, recipes, funny stories, and more. Enjoy!!






Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Red Cup Hullabaloo

This morning I was pondering all the chaos and craziness that is spreading across Facebook, and I imagine other social media as well.  In fact, I had NO idea what in the world people were talking about.  What's the deal with Starbucks red cup?  I decided to look it up.

I read a little about it and watched a video that has gone viral, which I'll talk about later. Basically, as I understand it, Starbucks has brought out a two toned red coffee cup for the holidays.  They wanted their product to encompass all beliefs.

I am not a coffee drinker.  I never really have been.  Even still, my first thought was, "that's pretty". I'd drink a yummy hot chocolate from it. It's red. I like red.  I don't find it offensive.  It works for Autumn leaves, or Santa's suit, or Christmas or whatever you want it to be. There are no words on it.  There are no Christmas symbols.  And in my opinion, that's perfectly fine.  It's simply a red coffee cup.

In my reading and searching to figure out what all the hullabaloo was about, I found a link to a video created by a Christian man.  It all would have been just fine, parts of it were even a bit comical, except for this one part...he intended to offend Starbucks.

I can understand if people want to make these coffee cups "their own" when they purchase the product and have the Starbucks staff write "Merry Christmas" on it.  Heck, why not just bring a sharpie and write your personal message on the cup yourself.  But don't do it with the intention to offend.  Do it with the intention to spread "Christmas Cheer" or make others happy or to put a smile on someone's face.  Intentionally choose goodness!

Whatever you do each day...choose to be kind.  Choose goodness. Choose to be Christlike. Choose to be an example of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Spread happiness and kindness.

Satan loves to use little things like this to distract us from what is truly important.  And what IS truly important?  Goodness, happiness, kindness, LOVE, a loving Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ, family, friends,joy, peace, and serving one another.

2 comments: